The Morgan House is a two story Queen Anne Cottage built by W.H. Morgan, first editor of the Peabody Gazette, for his family in 1881. W.H. Morgan, pioneer newspaper publisher was born in Ohio in 1840. The family soon emigrated "westward to California in search of health and fortune". The father ran a successful hotel business but felt "the city government of San Francisco was controlled by thieves and gamblers and crime was so general that the family concluded to return to the States". W H. Morgan eventually moved to Peabody in 1880, where he began and published the Gazette for 27 years before he sold out to his son in 1907. Call 620-983-2174 or email Shane Marler.